Thursday, May 3, 2012

Being Content...

So today as I was mopping the floor I came to the realization of how I am being so discontent with the blessings that God has given me. It was a horrible thought and I was displeased to find that in me.

You see, I had been praying for a job, and as you know I got two of them. Well, I was inwardly discontent with my position. Wishing that I was a sales person at Micheal's rather than unloading freight and stacking items on shelves. And it hit me that God gave me this job for a reason and that I need to be grateful and count my blessings.

I am not going to get to into this topic, because I have already written two posts in the past about this, but It's just another area that God is saying "Adriana, you need to step it up and draw closer to me rather than be ungrateful" .

Here is two related posts if your interested:
Wanting to Step Into Greener Grass
A Taste of My Own Medicine

So that's where I am at with my spiritual life as of today, and here is a verse that hit the hammer on the nail for me:
Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake.

Many blessing to all of you,

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting that. I feel like I am dealing with slightly similar situations. It's nice to hear you write about things so openly like that.
    Your striving to be a godly lady is what makes you such a great friend (as well as talking about boyz ;P )

    Love, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this. You are awarded on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey... I found your blog on Connecting young Christians. I REALLY like your blog, can we follow each other? I would really love to connect with more Christians across this world. Let me know if we can, please follow me if you want to, I promise I will follow back.

    xox South Africa
    www.cindy-saul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi its Gianna! I'm getting my first blog starting, and I'd love for you to come see it! There is actually a contest going on right now so you need to come check it out!
    www.randocology.blogspot.com
    xoxo
    Gianna

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a wonderful blog.
    You are on my bloglist now.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...