Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wanting to step into Greener Grass...

Throughout my journey of following Christ I am constantly being convicted. If it's not one thing it's another, once I resolve an issue of mine then another one gets thrown in my path and I am told to clean up that area of my life as well so that I can continue down the road of following Jesus. Everytime I take a few steps and seem to be getting somewhere, another road block sits in my way. Sometimes it seems like a never ending battle.

Ever Feel that way?

My latest roadblock seems to be jealousy. Ever heard of the saying, the grass is greener on the other side?
Well, although I know that other peoples lives is not any better than my own, I sometimes still wish that I could live their life. But God has given me this family and this walk of life for a purpose. And yet I can never seem to get that through to my heart. I know that I am living this story for a reason, and through time at the end of each chapter I see another little glimpse of my purpose, but I still look longingly at other people story's and wish I could be the character in them instead.


I started thinking more deeply about this after watching the Princess and the Pop-star (Veggie Tales movie). It's odd to think that a little kids movie that stars vegetables could make me reflect on my own life, but it did. In this story, there was a farm girl named princess and a pop-star name Vanna Banana, both girls wanted to live each others lives and they both looked the same so they switched places. And as you can probably guess, in the end they both realized that God gave them their own lives because He made them special and they had a purpose in life.

I guess where it all goes back to is being content. Being happy with who you are and where you were put in this world. I may not be famous or rich, but I do have a loving family and a roof over my head. And as much as I want to read through to the end of my storybook to see what my purpose and plan is that God has for me, I must have patience to only read one page a day everyday of my life to see what the Lord has planned.

If you too struggle with this then the best that I can suggest is to know God more, and through knowing God you will find happiness in who He has made you to be.

Blessings,


2 comments:

  1. Great post :) Thanks! I love that you are brave enough to share exactly what you're struggling with on your blog.
    <3 Paperclip

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...