Monday, January 10, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge, Day 9!!!

Hello Everyone! It is now day nine of the 30 day blog challenge!!!
To learn more about my blog challenge, click this link:

Day 9#
~A Quote to Reflect Upon~

"There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, 
and that's a wife who can't cook and will. "
~Anonymous
  
*haha*, ok. I find this a bit humorous ;)
As far as reflecting upon this quote goes; I suggest that you learn to cook before ya get married. I have been trying to learn different cooking techniques lately so that I can become a good cook -And someday when I have a  family, I will be able to feed them something that isn't 'carmalized' (AKA, Burnt).
Here is a baking bio that I wrote a while back:

"...Growing up I never would have guessed that I would be capable of becoming a baker. It's not that I didn't have a desire to bake, on the contrary I was always willing to make a dessert. Sadley though, my attempts in the kitchen would somehow end in catastrophe. Whether it was undercooking, overcooking, starting a fire in the oven, or forgetting to add a few ingredients; it never failed that the garbage would end up having to be taken out afterward. Of course, this all happened when I was nine to twelve years old.

Besides the classic mistakes of raw and burnt desserts, other things happened too.... Did you know that it is never smart to stick a fork in a Kitchen Aid mixer, while it is mixing? Or what about the definitions of Confectioners Sugar and Granulated Sugar, did you know that there is a difference between the two? -These are just a few of the mistakes that I made, and they generally ended with me being grounded from baking for a little while..."

If ya haven't already figured out, I've had my fair share of kitchen disasters ;)
Have you had any Kitchen mishaps? I would love to hear about em! :)

Have a blessed day! And May you find joy in cooking ;)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

1 comment:

  1. Adrianna! I love your blog. :) This is a great post, my culinary friend!
    My disaster was when I first made a cheesecake. The cookbook I was using was from the 1950s, and I guess it supposed that one would generally know how to do things. It listed the ingredients and just said to mix it all together, not a word about bringing the cream cheese to room-temp. or anything. So...I followed the directions exactly and dumped everything in and turned on the mixer. Well, the cream cheese never got incorporated, so it was in little chunks amid the eggs and sugar. It looked terrible, but I hoped that it would sorta melt together in the oven. It did not. It was the only thing I think I've ever made that my brothers couldn't stand to eat. Yikes! I've since learned to be very thorough when I cream ingredients together. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...