Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Book Review

Howdy!
   Ok, so I don't normally start a post off by saying 'howdy'.... but you would too if ya had just read the book that I just finished ;)

~Once Upon a Summer~

By, Janette Oke
Summary:
~*~
Sure, it's unusual to have an eighteen-year-old mother when you're twelve. But when you're an orphan and she's your aunt and the only mother you've ever had well, as I explained, it had worked out real well.

That's why I got so riled up when I heard Grandpa and Uncle Charlie talkin' about findin' a fella for Auntie Lou!

You see, somethin' had to be done! I couldn't just sit back and watch our special family get broken up. But with Grandpa and Uncle Charlie workin' so hard to get Auntie Lou married off, I really had my job cut out for me.

Then, when that poor preacher came along, it really got complicated.

And maybe you'll find out what I found out -- about the best kind of family, I mean.
~*~

Ok.... So I absolutely loved this book!
If ya have ever read Janette Oke books then you would know that she writes books, that for the most part, are from a girls point of view. What I loved about this one, is that it is from a boy's view. And on top of that, this boy had a really cute character ;) Here is one of the phrases that kind of shows how he thinks:
"...Somethin' was brewin'. I could feel it in my bones, but couldn't put my finger on it yet. Whatever it was, I didn't think I liked it."

Well, I don't want to give the story line away... So all I can say is that you should definitely read this one!

May you have a blessed day!
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...