Friday, March 23, 2012

Legacy

Hello Readers,
So lately I have been listening to a song by Nichole Nordeman, which has really inspired me. I encourage you to listen to it before continuing on with reading this post.

~*~
 Have you ever thought of what people will say or not say when you have gone home? What they will remember you by? How about if they even remember you at all? 


I can't say that I have dwelt on it too much. Partially because I try not to focus too much on what I think others might think of me, especially when I do dumb things, because then I'd be miserable thinking that they have terrible thoughts about me. But nonetheless I do care about the legacy that I will leave behind.

Just like the song says, "You could take my picture and hang it in a gallery with all the who's-who's and so-and-so's that used to be the best, at such-and-such, it wouldn't matter...much."

And then it moves on to say, "I want to leave a legacy, how will they remember me; did I choose to love? Did I point to you enough to leave a mark on things? I want to leave an offering, a child of mercy and grace who blessed your name..."

Nichole Nordeman is talking about how to leave a legacy as well as how not to. Leaving behind an imprint doesn't mean by being good at worldly things. It takes more than just being able to bake a good cake to leave a permanent memory of you, but rather to be a child of God that is merciful and graceful. To display the fruits of the spirit to others.

To make it short, when you display God in your life and act accordingly, you will touch the lives of those around you. They'll notice a difference when you are around and an absence when you are gone. They will forever remember the light of God that shined through you and you will leave a legacy.

I encourage you to examine your life as I examine mines and whether or not your doing the best you can to shine God's light and ultimately leave a legacy (of which I already know I am failing at).

Hope you enjoyed the song and that it inspires you as much as it does me :)
Blessings,
Adriana Castillo


2 comments:

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...