Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Impression of Impressing...

Have you ever wanted to impress someone? How about trying to be so impressive that you act dumb? Haha, that's me sometimes! 

 I've been told all my life that I don't need to impress nobody, we have probably all been told that at one point in time or another. But does it ever sink in? That is the question at hand.


I got to thinking about this when I found myself wanting to impress this guy.

You see I've always prided myself on not being one of those boy-crazy girls, but in truth I kind of am (my dear friend Anne could attest to that!).

I don't flirt or even really talk to the guys that I like, it's more of something I keep to myself, but when I know that they are near I try to act in a way that leaves a nice-girl impression. Like hoping they'll see me being sweet to my siblings and maybe thinking in their minds "what a nice girl" or something of the sort.

I suppose that I am not being terrible in my actions of trying to impress, but I got to thinking... Do I really want a guy to like me for someone that I am not naturally? If the person doesn't like me for who I am then does it really mean anything to have earned their attention? That my dear readers is the question that I have faced myself with.

A verse in the bible really struck me:
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. 
Matthew 5:6-10... 

 The part that I bolded really struck home for me. 
You have to BE merciful in order to RECEIVE mercy.
Let's translate that to my scenario:
You have to BE yourself in order to RECEIVE others liking you for who you are.

I am not sure if that really makes sense, but I can't even truly expect someone to like me when I am not even being me. In other words, I need to stop trying to impress, but rather be myself and leave a true impression.

I'll leave you with this last impression:
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”  
1 Samuel 16:7

Be yourself, and if you really want to impress others (not that that should be a goal, but nonetheless) then work on your relationship with God because what's in your heart is what matters.

Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...