Thursday, January 19, 2012

Finding Strength in the Pain

"I know you don't want to hear this, but your not the only one suffering. Ya we may not know what your going through, but we all have pain -just in different ways." 
~A quote from a show

I really liked what the character said in this show because it reminded me of how often times I feel like I am the only one suffering through these hardships and no one else knows what it's like. I somehow think that their lives are way easier than my own. blah, blah, blah. It's just my way of justifying feeling sorry for myself. I know that I can't possibly be the only one that thinks this way sometimes - and that's why I am sharing this with you!

Why do we like to justify this excuse? Because it gives us a reason to not have to measure up. Because by having a 'handicap' we can suddenly say that we couldn't go all the way because we are going through these hardships that no one could possibly understand, or so we like to think. The thing is that everyone has thorns along the path of their life. We all have pain through one time or another, and it's just a matter of pushing past the pain and saying that you won't let it hinder you. That's when you show true strength and will set you a part from others. It's those that excel that we admire, because sometimes they can get past the pain that we ourselves haven't been able to do. But that's the thing that I've been thinking upon, I dont't have to get through my pain on my own. First of all, God is always there beside us in times of need and it's just a matter of turning to Him. Second of all, I have several loving friends that I know I can talk to about such matters just for encouragement.

Here is a verse that I found:
"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Just like the Bible says, we shouldn't pout about our weaknesses but use them to make us stronger and grow closer to God. Through Him, all things are possible! So when you feel the weight of the world sinking down on you, seek Him and ask him for strength and perserveriance. This is definitly something that I will be working on in the days, weeks, and years to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...