Monday, December 12, 2011

Walk the Talk

"Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words"


As I read this I was personally convicted and thought back to all the times I say "I can do it tomorrow". And I guess what gets me the most is how I put off my relationship with God and the things that I need to work on to get closer to Him. I suppose lately I have gotten a bit better at it, since whenever I think of something that I need to work on I will pray and/or read my bible right then and there. I am still far from perfect though. I still am lazy and wish to do things when it's more 'convenient', but there never seems to be such a time.

Excuses. One of the worst enemys sometimes. They give you reasons why not to do something when you know you should. They make you think it's okay to put something off. And they pretty much are easy to dish out; I mean, how long does it take to think of an excuse? About 1 second I'd say. Not long enough, for we (more like I) can deliver them without a second thought at times.

So I guess my question to both myself and you is, What is keeping you from moving forward in your life and/or your relationship with God?

For me it's at times the excuses that I make, or perhaps what is buried behind the excuses; fear. Fear that I may fail. Fear that I may not be good enough. These are just a couple of the many possible fears that may cause apprehension in moving forward with your relationship with God and the plan that he has for your life.

But how does this lead back to the point of this post? Well, you can only begin to do the things that you know need to be done when you strip away the excuses and fear. I can't grow closer to God if I make up excuses. I have to pray to God to give me the strength to grow in him and to act upon it. I must set aside my own selfishness and desires that keep me from doing the things that I know and say I should. I need to set aside anything that hinders me from 'walking the talk'. I can think of a million things I must do, or say I must do, but in reality I only will go through with the action of completing 1 or 2. This needs to change, and it needs to change today. I can't simply write about it in my blog but I must take action in my life to change the things that hinder me from my relationship with God, to bewrid of everything that keeps me from growing closer to him.

As I mentioned above; Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words.'

So what are you waiting for? Make a change in your life today by doing what you wish to put off for tomorrow.

The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied.
Proverbs 13:4

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...