Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Insecurities; My Big Feet

You might have read the above title and be just a bit curios of what this post is going to say... It's not everyday someone makes a reference to their 'big feet'. But when it comes to my insecurities, that is one of the very odd things                                                             that I don't like about myself.

Now I know that I am not the only one with weird insecurities. I remember last week my teacher made a comment about not liking her nose. So how's that for odd! Perhaps you don't like your hands or ears. Or maybe your eyebrows even. We all have our insecurities, both physical and emotional. And if you happen to have no insecurities; then please share the secret to this!

For years I have heard people say "God has made you beautiful", or "He sees no mistake, He made you perfect". In one ear out the next. It's not that I don't believe that God makes us perfectly beautiful, it's just that hearing people say that has not solved the issue of my insecurity. It hasn't made me change my mindset were I automatically find myself gorgeous. In fact, it sometimes makes me look closer in the mirror to just doubt the statement more; Me, beautiful? Does He seriously not see the teenage acne or plain face? Yes, these are sometimes the thoughts I think but never say.

So how can I minimize my insecurities? It's simple, He must increase so that I can decrease (John 3:30). In order to stop scrutinizing and analizing yourself, you must take your eyes off of you and gaze them toward God. Beauty is vain. When you are looking at your reflection in the manner of analization, you are being selfish in only looking to please yourself with your looks. But God doesn't tell us to do that. He says that our beauty is from within. And we will become beautiful inside when we follow him and obey his commands. Havent you ever met someone who just shines Gods love with everything they do? They just shine beauty and are admired, but not because of outward beauty. It's because they built a foundation in the word of God and follow him. He makes them beautiful.

We all have the opportunity to lay down our insecurities and follow Jesus. But you can't just expect to pray to God asking for guidance in that area and calling it good. It is up to you to make a choice daily to follow him and to lay down your fears and weaknesses.

It can be tough to do this, I know from personal experience, but becoming intimate in your relationship with God is a beautiful thing that is well worth it. Here are some verses to think upon;


Psalm 34:5

Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.

1 Samuel 16:7 

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

Proverbs 3:15

She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her.

Proverbs 31:30 

Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.


Psalm 139:14

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.




God made you beautifully on the outside, but he can also make you beautiful on the inside if you lay down your insecurities and open your heart to him.

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...