Friday, June 10, 2011

The Past, Present, and Future

Most recently I've begun to notice that in my spiritual walk with the Lord, I tend to look more to the place I want to go, rather than notice the path I am currently on.

Although it is important to know were you want your end location to be, you also need to be aware of where your going as to make sure that you are heading in the right direction and so you don't stumble. I'm always saying things like 'Oh, when I get older I will have learned to be more patient' or 'Perhaps when I turn 18 I'll have become the Godly woman that I have always wanted to be' - Pish-Posh! I know I procrastinate with a lot of things, but my spiritual walk shouldn't be one of them!

In my opinion, I think it's important as believers to looks at the past to learn from our mistakes and reflect on how something affected us, to look at the present to know where we are in our faith, and to look at the future to know were we are headed.

If you look at the past you can see what works for you personally or what doesn't work for you. Such as reading your bible daily; some people find it better to read at night rather than in the morning or vice versa. By looking back you can say 'I remember when I tried to read at night every day, but it didn't work too well... Perhaps I should try the morning instead and see how that works for me' or 'I always tried to read my bible in the morning, but I kept getting interrupted... Maybe I should get up a little earlier or talk to mom and dad about giving me some quiet time.' by looking at the past this way. you can learn from your past experiences. I think it's also great to look back at events that have occurred and reflect on how God used that to change you. :)

In the present time, we (or I) need to learn to make a change in our lives TODAY and not 'when I'm 18' or 'when I'm all grown up'. Also, we need to be watchful that the things we are doing currently isn't causing us to stumble. I could elaborate on this, but I think it's pretty straight forward ;)

The Future.... It's important to have goals and to 'keep your eyes on the prize', and to know were we we want to be. But we just need to remember that it takes effort and hard work to get there. You won't magically be at the finish line, you have to push yourself to get there.

I guess where I have stumbled is by looking totally at the future and not hardly on the present, and so it's just a matter of learning how to balance it all out. Maybe you understand what this is like, or maybe you don't ;) I just know that I have struggled with this, and that I need to make an adjustment to my way of  thinking...

Hope this post proved helpful =)
Have a blessed day,
Miss.Adriana

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...