Monday, May 30, 2011

He Fills our Needs and Desires

Countless amount of times I am amazed at how God has and is filling my needs and desires. Even when I don't ask him for things, He still gives them to me, which is just a reminder that he knows my thoughts and desires. For instance, I was wanting a job when the school year began, and next thing I knew the neighbor asked if I could babysit. When that job was near to ending in April, another job 'fell in my lap'. A woman at our church was going on maternity leave and needed someone to fill her position in the nursery, and I was asked to fulfill her duties while she was away. Of course, I don't need a job and I don't really need any money, but it is something that is pleasent to have and I am thankful for it nonetheless.
Another blessing I have received is the youth programs at our church. As some of you know, I was attending a youth group at the beginning of the year and left in December because I felt God was calling me to. Well, he has showed us a church with a marvelous bible study and Youth group that I am attending. The thing is though, that at my old Youth Group, they had an end of the school year beach trip. Now I know that going to the beach isn't a need, but to me I needed that time away from home to just take a break and reflect on my life. I would always get up early in the morning and sit on the sand, and just read my bible. Or watch the waves and think about everything that had happened recently in my life and what I need to change or do differently. I think that the Lord knows that I need a break sometimes just so that I can collect myself and look at where I am and where I want to go in my walk with the Lord, and sometimes it's so hard at home to do that when everything is chaotic. Well, back to the point, I found out that the youth at my church have a summer beach trip! I was just so excited and thankful to hear that because I have just been feeling so run down and in need of a break and refresher. So now I am looking forward to early mornings of watching the waves, and late nights of star gazing.

Somehow, whenever I gaze up at the stars above I feel so much closer to God. I know that's silly because He is always right there next to you, but the starry sky just really stirs my heart and reminds me of Gods amazingness.

Just remember that God is there for you always and will fulfill the needs and desires of your heart.
Have a wonderful night,
Adriana Castillo

1 comment:

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...