Monday, April 11, 2011

You Have The Right To Remain Silent!

"One of the reasons we can hardly bear to remain silent is that it makes us feel so helpless. We are so accustomed to relying upon words to manage and control others. If we are silent, who will take control? God will take control, but we will never let him take control until we trust him"
~Celebration of Discipline, by Richard Foster

I love those words written because it is so true; I often times rely on my words to defend myself. If somebody says something that offends me then my first reaction is to retort back, and it is so hard to bite my tongue and say nothing at all. It's something that we all should learn; The discipline of being silent. If we try and fight with words, then we will lose every time. We are not called to fight sin with sin, but rather to fight the lies of the enemy with the word of God. Meaning: Instead of saying mean things to the girl who said mean things to you; Be silent and know in your heart that the lies that they told you are just that, lies. And you can fight those lies by repeating scriptures in your head or by saying them out loud. Here are some helpful verses:

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 
Romans 8:28

Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.
Galations 1:10

Before his downfall a man's heart is proud, but humility comes before honor.
Proverbs 18:12

But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, and pray for those who prosecute you.
Luke 6:27

By learning 'the right to remain silent!' you are also practicing humility. Of course, there are some times when you should speak -but in any case, always make sure that you are speaking through the love of God whenever words come out of your mouth.

Have a blessed day,
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

"One of the truths of silence is the freedom to let God be the justifier. We don't need to straighten others out.... Silence brings us to believe that God can care for us-'reputation and all'..."
~Richard Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...