Friday, March 11, 2011

Reflection; What God has been teaching me (2)

Click Here to read part one of this story


Reflection;What God has been teaching me
(Part 2)

Days passed and I still wrestled with the decision that I had followed through with. Part of me was saying that I had done what God had told me to, and the other part said that maybe I had heard God wrong and had made the wrong decision. I finally got to a point were I had to say; God, this is in your hands. I trust you and I know that I felt sure of not going to Youth Group for a reason. Let me feel assured of that deep in my heart and show me what my purpose is now. After that, I finally felt at peace, for I had put my worry's in God's hands and knew that he knows what he is doing.

Two months later God showed my family a new church to try out. So we attended it, and not only did it have a wonderful pastor and service, but it also had a youth bible study. My whole family felt instantly in place, and I felt so at home at the bible study. I used to be so afraid of what people might think of me that I had never been myself before, but at this new place I felt secure. I didn't feel that I had to put on a mask as I had before, it was like a weight was lifted from me and when I smiled it was a pure genuine smile. I loved going to the bible study and hanging out with the youth, and to this day I continue to go there.

Now that I look back I can see how God has been changing me slowly these past few months; 
  • I am no longer afraid of talking to guys. It feels so great because guys are very cool people and I am enjoying getting to know more brothers in Christ.  
  • Also, I am not judging so much. I still struggle with this, but it has improved a lot and I am beginning to see past the outward appearance of people and into who they really are.
  • I am much more confident in who I am in Christ and am not worrying so much about what other think of me. Instead I need to focus on what God thinks of me and how I can change to glorify him.
  • Lastly, I have learned to trust God. He knows what he is doing and he has a plan for me. It seems like God is continually teaching me to trust in him, but it is something that can continue to grow stronger and stronger.
Learning all that was hard. That youth group had taught me so much over the past few years, and I will always remember that. There is a time and place for everything though, and right now is the time for me to be somewhere else. And because I have followed his instructions for my life, I feel so happy right now and I am filled with His joy!

I guess I'll leave you with this; God saw that I needed to grow more in him and that in order to accomplish that, he would need to take me somewhere else. He gave me peace in the situation and was patient when I grew restless. He eased my burden and allowed me to be myself. All in all, He is an amazing God and he is always looking out for you and me. He is there for you when you are happy and when you are sad. For better or for worse. Through sickness and through health. He is the Ultimate King that loves and cares for you. - And I could go on and on about how God is an Amazing God!

I hope that this has encouraged you to take the path that God has layed out for you. It may not be the easiest path, but the end location will certainly pay off!
May God bless you this week!
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is so encouraging. I love how you love the LORD and are so frequent in discussing that.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...