Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Journey Home, ch 3.


To learn more about my story, or to read a previous chapter, check out the 'A Story' page.
Chapter 3
~The Identity Revealed~

I stood, looking into the eyes of a man who I sensed a connection of danger with. Just five minutes ago I had hopped off the train and was safe, and now I stood trembling with fear. The man grabbed me by the collar, “Give me your money!”. The man spoke gruffly, and I numbly went to retrieve my remaining three dollars. As I reached my back pack that I had thrown on the ground moments before, a swift hand reached out and grabbed it before I could. It was the hand that belonged to the very same man that instilled fear within me. He began to rummage through my belongings, and it made me cringe.

As I had learned when I first began my journey, the only way for a young lady to survive riding the rails, was for her to disguise as a boy. So, I had disguised myself in that manner, but I very well knew that what my bag contained was a blow to my cover. It contained items that were strictly feminine, and there was no way for me to stop the man from finding them. As he began to search through my items, I could see his face crinkle. He then pulled out a pantyhose that I was carrying. As I looked at what the man was holding, I could feel a color of red sweep across my face. Before I knew it, the man had reached over and yanked the hat off my head, and my hidden locks of strawberry-blonde hair then fell onto my shoulders. I didn't know what was to happen next, so I did the first thing that popped in my mind: and right then, I began to run.

Before I knew it, I was back in town. I stopped momentarily to catch my breath, and just so happened to notice a sign. “Welcome to the town of Tennessee”, as I read the sign I felt a small ounce of excitement. At last, I was finally out of Kentucky.

That night I decided that it was time to get some well deserved rest. So I found an old abandoned shack right outside of town, and I started to make camp there. I gathered some old rags that were lying around, and I tied them together to make a sort-of pillow. Then I found some larger pieces of fabric that I could use as blankets, and before I knew it; I had a cozy little bed set up in the corner of the shack. As I cuddled up, my eyes drifting to the beckoning sleep, I hoped with my whole being that no one would find me there. Soon my mind gave way to the tiredness of my body, and I drifted off to a cumbersome sleep. 
Copyrighted 2011, Adriana Castillo

 
I Hope you enjoyed the story! Have a blessed day, and stay tuned for more!
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...