Friday, February 4, 2011

Sing-A-Song Weekend!!!

This song is one that is very touching to me, I encourage you to listen to it and then scroll down to read why I feel an attachment to this song:


There have been so many struggles that I have gone through. And one day I felt that I was at my wits end, I had had one of the hardest weeks ever and my emotions had been kept inside me that whole week. I was listening to the radio and this song came on, and it just hit me. I broke down and just began to thank God for never letting go of me.

There have been so many times were I have been angry with God. As sad as I am to admit it, it's the plain truth. I neglected him and stopped reading my bible, and didn't pray. I was mad because I felt that he had let me down, I had prayed and he never answered my prayer. I wondered why he didn't care for me enough to answer my prayers. I stopped praying because I felt that it was no use, since he didn't answer my prayers anymore. I stopped reading the bible because I figured since he neglected me that I should get even and neglect him back. -I acted upon my emotions, and at the time, I was upset. And that's probably when I needed to seek God the most.

What always amazes me though, is that even when I have had outbursts were I choose to neglect God; I have never stopped listening to christian music during that time. And I have found that God tends to speak to me through music, maybe it's because he knows I will listen that way. There were times were I felt like I had just gone through the storm, and even if I hadn't, that's how I felt. And when I heard this song, it really spoke to me. Even now when I hear it, it still touches me.

Why am I telling you all this? Because I am tired of hiding behind the 'perfect-christian' mask. For so many years I have been afraid to admit that I have done wrong. Why I was afraid of this I still don't understand, but this school year I have really learned that sometimes it's good to admit your wrongings. I am human and I am no were near perfect. I have my struggles and I am learning to overcome them with the Lords help. And by admitting this I pray that if anybody else has struggled with this that they will understand that they are not alone. For so long I felt that I was the only one who had ever made the mistake of being angry with God, But I know now that I am not. And sometimes it's the encouragement of others that has helped me overcome the hardships and go back to seeking God.

I just want to leave you with knowing that your not the only one that has made mistakes in your life. We all do, but even so, God never let's go of you. He's with you in the calm and through the storm, every high and every low, He never let's go of you. And he has never let go of me, and I can never thank him enough for that.
Have a blessed day ♥
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

1 comment:

  1. Very touching on what you wrote. Hope things are looking brighter for you.
    I'll be praying for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...