Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Question & An Answer

Hello!
So one of the blogs I read is called "Love In Progress", and is written by Kendra Wise whom I actually just discovered today that we worked together at camp a couple of summers ago. Anyways, there was a scenario recently that was really bugging me and so I decided to e-mail her about it and see what her opinion was since she is very good about writing on relationships. Here is part of the message I had sent and below is the link to her post on it:

""During one of my classes this girl was talking to me and asking me when the next presidential election was. The conversation went from their and lead to her saying "I just want to get married young so that my husband can take care of me and take care of things like voting for me". Now I am all for marriage and for a husband being kind to his wife and taking care of her, but the fact that she was expecting her husband to take control of her life and make decisions for her without her whereabouts was beyond me. Maybe my opinion on that is wrong, but I just think that girls shouldn't just expect to be dumb and not be aware of things like who to vote for and expect that their husbands can use their wits to make that decision for them. And it's not just with voting, there are lot's of things in life that many girls I have met expect their husbands to take care of for them...
I guess part of why this bugs me so much is that I have a lot of friends who think this way and I have Grandparents whom have spent their life living like that which has only resulted in my Grandma not even knowing how to fill the car with gas because her husband has always done it for her. And not that I want wish this on anybody; sometimes things happen and you can't live your whole life with the person you love, and so I think that woman should at least have knowledge of how things work in life so that if she ever needed to she would be able to survive even with out a husband. ...""

Click the below picture to read Kendra's response on this matter:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...