Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Theft 70 Years Ago, the Money Returned

A man who confessed to stealing money from the downtown Seattle Sears store decades ago gave the money back Monday, and with interest.
At around 10:00 a.m., an elderly man hand-delivered an envelope addressed to "Sears manager" to a customer service counter on the second floor.
Inside the envelope was a note and a $100 bill:
"During the late [forties] I stole some money from the cash register in the amount of $20-$30," the note read. "I want to pay you back this money in the amount of $100 to put in your theft account."
 ~Oregon Live.com


Ok, so I thought that this was an amazing story! It seems so often that all that is on the news is about death, kidnapping, and other terrible things. But this is such a positive story that I just had to post it. Yes the guy was wrong in stealing it in the first place, but how many people are willing to correct a wrong 70 years later? Especially when they had never got caught back then, why risk getting caught now? I think that those kind of acts are worth respecting. 

Perhaps we can all learn from this that even 70 years later, it is never to late to make right what was once wrong.
Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...