Saturday, November 12, 2011

S.A.S. Weekend; Story behind Strong Enough

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me..."
 Here is a song that is about just that and the story of how this song got created follows:

This was a letter sent to Mathew West during his time at a cabin were he wrote several songs based on story's he received from people:

The Story Behind: Strong Enough

September 14, 2010 - Comments (11)                                                                                                     
Tonia,
Camby, IN

By the grace of God, I am the mother of 3 awesome children, Haleigh (22), Kelsey (18) and Jordan (16). It has always been me and them against the world. I had my first daughter, Haleigh, at 19. We grew up together. When she turned 19, she had a bad car accident after sliding on black ice and shattered her right leg (high impact pilon fracture). She was in the hospital off and on for months. Her health insurance got cancelled because she couldn’t maintain her full time college status. She got MRSA from the hospital. Ended up having to have 11 surgeries. As a single parent and her Mother, I didn’t leave her side. But when I did, I would go home while she slept long enough to sleep a bit and run through the shower. I remember feeling so alone though. My family was/is great. They were there as much as could be, but at night, when the lights were out, I would lie in my bed and just cry from the loneliness and exhaustion, mentally and physically. That has been 3 years ago and she is still recovering. She was at one hospital that wanted to amputate her leg from the knee down, so I had her transferred to the hospital in our home town where 2 wonderful Doc’s were a God send and took over her care. She is still in a boot, still has an open wound that is still healing due to the blood flow being compromised and has a long road of healing ahead of her as far as surgeries and physical therapy are concerned, but she is beautiful, living her life, going to college, living on her own,being independent and not letting it keep her down. Most importantly, she is still here with us. I have told her all along that God has a reason for everything and she definitely has a purpose. One of the times that we were in the hospital going through this horrific ordeal, I said to her “Haleigh, the Lord doesn’t put anything on us that he doesn’t think we are strong enough to handle” and she said “Well he must think we are pretty freaking strong then!” If it wasn’t for my faith, I would have gone out of my mind. Life is hard, but God is good and I am a firm believer that there is power in prayer. Through all of that, I never felt like he left my side. He guided us to do what was necessary to protect her and sent us the wonderful Doctor’s who took her under their wings and took care of her. On a side note, my daughter Kelsey has pretty much a full ride scholarship for college in the fall and will be Majoring in Pharmacy and is sunshine. My son, Jordan, is getting ready to get his license, which scares me to death. My kids are my life and I thank God for them every single day! God Bless Matthew!

His Response:

Matthew’s commentary on: Strong Enough

...I’ve wondered the same thing. I’ve faced a seemingly impossible situation or two in my life, and found myself having candid conversations with God. “God, are you sure you got the right guy here?” “God, I can’t do this on my own.” And therein lies the point of it all. We can’t do it on our own. Nothing is possible without god. But we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength. Phillipians 4:13 has been a significant piece of scripture in my life, and one that I have to be reminded of time and time again. “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength, and I don’t have to be strong enough.”
~http://www.matthewwest.com/2010/09/14/the-story-behind-strong-enough-2/ 


We all go through moments in life were we think we can't handle it. But God doesn't want just us alone to carry our burdens, he wants us to find the strength to seek him through the rough times and to lift our worrys and sorrows to him. Through him we are strong enough.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this, AC. Totally relates to some stuff that's been going on right now. It is such a relief to know that we don't have to be strong enough, that God is in control.

    Love you, and keep it up!
    <3 Paperclip

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...