Monday, October 3, 2011

To be like Esther

I was reading in the book of Esther, which I actually haven't read for a little while, so it was refreshing to read some of the story again. And I started thinking; how are we as people like Esther?

The Jewish girl became the queen of Persia and was faced with the toughest position of all, to tell the king that his right hand man had betrayed her and her family by sentencing them to be hanged. She was scared throughout this, yet comes out courageous. But what I want to focus more on is the phrase "You were made for such a time as this". Forget about the fact that this was her familys life on the line, and the betrayel, just think about being in a position that perhaps you were put there by God to do something that only you can do. He made you to do something, and he chose YOU to do it. It's not like the next person in line can fill your position.

The first and most easiest thing that I related this to was movie stars and famous singers. Of course my brain went to all the glitz and glam, the people who are in the spotlight and can make a huge impact by just wearing a pair of trendy jeans that soon becomes the next new thing. They bring something to the media that only they can bring and are widely known for it. But what about normal people? People like you and I that aren't being in the spotlight 24/7. Whether we know it or not, we have been specially created for such a time as this. Isn't that amazing to think about? God has created us to make an impact and shine His light, in a way that only we can. He has a plan for you and has made you specifically to fulfill it to bring Him glory. In a way, you are Esther; Courageous and beautiful, yet fulfilling the desire of God.

 YOU have been made for such a time as this.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...