Friday, September 2, 2011

Worry v.s. Trust

Recently I read a book written by Lauraine Snelling (A fantastic christian author!), and I loved what one of her characters said in the book; The mother Ingaborg, pretty much said that when we worry it shows that we are not placing our trust in God. The Bible says “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7). As Christians we are called to give our burdens to God and to trust that he will take care of you through the hard and laborious times.

By reading what I wrote above I just have to chuckle to myself, because exactly what I just wrote is something that I need to learn myself. I can think of countless times that I have just worried about such silly little things, and am ashamed to say that I haven't always trusted God to the fullest. You know what I mean? It's like I pray to God and am like 'Yes God, I trust you will take care of everything', but yet in my head I am still worrying about whether we will find the right house, or whether we will be all right financially, ect....

By coming to the realization of this, I have started to try and solve the problem by reading what the bible has to say about trust/worry and telling myself those verses when I am feeling worried.  Here are some that I have found:

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 
~John 14:27

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. 
~Psalm 62:1-2

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
~Psalm 56:3


I challenge those who are reading this to put your full trust in God this week when worry's arise. Who knows, you might just find yourself closer to God; I know I sure have.

Have a blessed week!
~Adriana

1 comment:

  1. Great post! :)
    This is exactly what I needed to hear. Thank-you for posting.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...