Monday, March 21, 2011

Mean Girls; All Grown Up


 "...Surviving Catty and Conniving Women..."
~Hayley DiMarco


This was a book that I picked up at a christian bookstore about 5 years ago, and a while back I began to read the book but only got past a few chapters. Lately though I have had a few... issues... to say the least. Anyway, as I have grown I have come to learn that girls only become meaner with age. Never have I had as many problems with rude, deceitful, and just plain mean girls as I do now in life. So why do these 'mean girls' target certain people? How do they choose their victims? The question should rather be, How can you shine the light of God to these females?


Because I am struggling with this right now, and will probably have issues with this for the rest of my life, I decided to do a blog series about mean girls. Let's just face it, we have all been bullied or will be bullied by a girl at some point in our life. And no, I do not mean a punch-in-the-face-bullied. I am referring to the insults, gossip, and the 'cutthroat competitions'. So why don't you sit back and tag along with me as I read and blog about the book 'Mean Girls All Grown Up'.


Intro to first Chapter:
"All girls are mean.
    I came to that realization when I had to sit next to them in class for twelve years.
    You don't agree? Well. I know we don't like to admit it, but let's face it. Girls have the capacity to be mean at the drop of a hat. And we don't get any nicer when we grow up. We just get better at it.
    So let me say it again. All girls are mean!
    At this point, a lot of you might think I'm sounding bitter or being a little too hard on the females of the species. But what can I say? The truth hurts, doesn't it? I've been a part of the female sex for almost 40 years, and so I know a bit of which I speak. I've seen girls tear into one another, and I've seen woman destroy the lives of other women. I've actually observed joy on women's faces as they've achieved another victory in manipulation- Or should I say, meanipulation.
All through highschool in my little bitty class of forty people, I felt like the “Victim of the Day”. Every Day. Even friendship couldn't seem to take out the sting of mean. And so for 4 years, tears and loneliness and the nagging question of 'why?' filled my mind. Like many girls, I decided quickly that girls just couldn't be trusted, so I switched to the fairer sex- boys. Guys are just more fair in their dealings with one another. They don't get hung-up on gossip, name calling, backstabbing, or pouting to get their way. They're pretty emotionally level and in the end much easier to be friends with.
In the cooperate world I thought I'd finally be free of Mean Girls. So I breathed a sigh of relief. But to my surprise the girls around me just went from mean to catty and coniving. Now women who had power over my income were using the same gossiping and backstabbing tactics (plus some new ones) and calling on their same insecurities to battle against me. The competition between females no longer just involved which boy we wanted to date but now included which job we wanted to get and which boss we wanted to impress..."
~*~

Be sure to come back later for my next post; 'Do you have a mean girl problem?' Quiz.
Have a blessed day!
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...