Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year, A New Beginning?

For many people the new year may mean a new beginning, a fresh start I suppose you could say. Somehow, the fact that the last four digits of today's date changed all of a sudden gives people motivation to do things and have 'resolutions'. I honestly have a hard time understanding this concept. It's Sunday, just like all the other 52 Sundays during the year. Why wait till the new year to start the things that you wish to change or become throughout the year? What was stopping you from doing it last Sunday? If you are the type to make resolutions for yourself then I am not bashing you, but simply giving a thought to ponder.

I suppose the beginning of a new year gives a marking of time, and place where you can stop and reflect back to where you were before and where you are now. It seems to me like a year ago was so far yet so very close. At times I felt it was dragging on and other times came as swift as the wind. So what happened last year? Alot. I grew even closer to God, I discovered who I am, My circle of friends grew, and I had many learning experiences and life lessons. It was a year of growth for me, and it was a splendid one at that.

I am especially happy because I have spent this past year blogging which has been so encouraging to me. Every time I am struggling through something I write a post about it, and not only does it relieve my stress but it also helps me to sort through things and figure out solutions to my problems. What some may not know is that I don't have a lot of answers to issues that I begin to write about for a post, I have to meditate on scripture and pray about it before I have any real solution. That is part of what has motivated me to grow closer to God. You see, I've always had a hard time remembering to read my bible daily and maintaining a relationship with God, but through this blog I have found a desire to get to know Him so that I can share that with all of you as well. Anyways, I just want to thank all of you for reading my blog because it really does mean a lot to me ♥

So with out further adue, I would like to wish all of you a...

Many blessings,




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing so much about you spiritual growth on your blog. It's encouraging to read, and I'm thankful for such a godly friend.

    Happy New Year - Annie

    ReplyDelete

I love getting feedback from my readers, so please feel free to comment. If you would like to contact me with something more personal, then you are welcomed to email me at: adrianawaleenac@gmail.com

Please speak through the love of God in anything that you write. Thank you :)
~Miss.Adriana Castillo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...